Sunday, November 25, 2001

SUBTLETY, THY NAME IS KEANE

It's been a while since I've commented on this bastion of Right-Thinking humor, but this Thanksgiving depiction of life within the sad little circle really made me stop and think:



Wow. Call me one to read between the lines, but the American flag in the background makes me think he's alluding to... to something. And in these difficult times, this makes me feel as warm inside as the fuse point of a daisy-cutter. The truly scary thing is that I heard a sound bite on the news from my archenemy discussing the challenges of responding to recent events within the "parameters" of his sad, sick little cartoon universe. Which really surprised me -- after a lifetime of reading Mr. Keane's literary output, I wasnt aware that he knew any four-syllable words.

But wait! Am I too quick to mock the subtlety (or lack thereof) of this seemingly simple panel? Look at the seemingly random assortment of blocks scattered across the floor. I see an O, S and an A -- "Osama did it?" A C, an I and an A -- could this be a hint of a coverup? A P, an A and a K -- Pakistan, perhaps a clue to the Evil One(R)(tm)'s true whereabouts?

We're through the looking glass, kids. If I want to stop the blood from coming out of my eardrums, I guess I need to stick to more simple political statements.