Wednesday, April 21, 2004

THE BALCONY IS NOW CLOSED

I know complaining about endless movie trailers and previews is about as perspicacious as, say, whining about those unopenable bags of peanuts on airplanes. So I won't. However, I can say with some authority that after carefully analyzing the more than 25 minutes of previews during my official 2004 outing to the movies, there are no good movies coming out. Ever.

Fortunately, there's always the comforting glow of the television, where I just learned that somehow this brilliant study of the human condition was renewed for yet another season. And for good reason, too, when you read this teaser for next week's episode:
Tuesday, April 27, 9/8c
"The Toilet"
Cheryl promises to take Jim's opinions seriously when she decides to remodel the bathroom, until Jim insists it include a hideous high-tech stainless steel toilet -- that talks.

Good thing there's always books. Or the Internet.

My brain hurts.